Thursday, July 16, 2009

mountains to climb

 
I saw Mount Hood on Friday afternoon arriving in the Portland area, and then it went behind the clouds till Tuesday, when this incredible view popped all day long.

We were making good time, finally, after dillydallying all weekend and Monday, when we stopped in Umatilla for fuel, and the brakes made an awful noise. Long story, short version, back to Portland, new brakes and rotors, 3 cents a mile added to operating costs. Saw the Columbia Gorge three times, not too bad a tradeoff for repeating 200 miles three times.

Over the weekend, Carl put in a new improved sway bar. We can really roll without rocking now. I have been caught doing 65 on the interstate, something I never would have done before.

I have to confess to a little bit of cabin fever. Maybe all the waiting around makes me feel a little trapped. All you out there in your favorite recliners, know that I miss mine a lot. And I miss Yoga, and my bed......it's a tradeoff, comfort vs scenery and temperature. I miss my chiropractor too! Fix me, Dr. Hani! And....most of all.....I want to talk to someone I have known more than five minutes!

All that said, we are definitely eastward bound now. We soaked in Gold Fork Hot Springs today, the primo hot springs of a site maintained by a real hot springs seeker here in Idaho. Check it out! http://www.donnellychamber.org/images/goldfork_front.jpg and http://www.idahohotsprings.com/destinations/gold-fork-hot-springs/index.htm. On the Hot Springs Idaho site, if you ask to display the map, you will see the challenge I am facing. So many hot springs, so litle time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: