Monday, July 20, 2009

Glacial Highs

It was hard to leave my quest for all the hot springs in Idaho, but Glacier was SOOOO close....4 hours north. Could not pass up one of my unvisited major national parks. I have a friend who once took her kids to all of them in one summer. Zoom!!!

In Glacier, there are many wonderful hikes for the backpackers and physically fit. Since that might have described me 30 years ago, I settled for the Going to the Sun shuttle ride up to Logan pass, where you might as well be in Banff or Switzerland, complete with mountain goats. Love those jagged mountain tops, whatever the geological term is (remind me to pay attention in geology class next time).

Along the way, a gentle hike to Avalanche Falls gives such a satisfying roar.
 


What a place of beauty.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: