Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July

Whenever I take a day off, my friend Linda always seems to inspire me. Here's her fourth of July story.

Our Sunday school class attended a party at one of the class member's homes that is right across the street from the Houston Country Club golf course. Everyone grabs their lawn chairs and walks thru the only vacant lot and lines up on the golf course green. I swear I almost got singed as the fireworks were right overhead. 10 minutes of awesome booms and explosions. Some fun - and a nice breeze to help move the hot air around. No mosquitoes at least. How about you?

well........

On the fourth, I drove north from Point Arena to Fortuna CA. When we checked in, the lady at the RV park said Fortuna had 15 minutes of fireworks the night before. There would be fireworks in Ferndale or Eureka, but fogged in. (confirmed this later, that in Eureka the fireworks were above the cloud line.) We passed a number of small town parades on the trip up the coastline, and saw a lot of firetrucks parked with kids exploring them. But my fireworks were on TV, the Boston Pops and Charles River. I am never disappointed with the Boston Pops.

Let's hear it readers, how about your fourth?

No comments: