Saturday, May 23, 2009

O Jo wonderful

 
Posted by Picasa
We were off duty from Habitat for the long weekend, so we settled into our little Questa Lodge RV Park with a laundry, showers, satellite so Carl can watch the Indi 500 and sometimes, but not reliably, internet.

Friday evening we picked up a rental car from Enterprise, and Saturday took a trip to Ojo Caliente to soak our bones for three hours. I've got iron for my blood and arthritic symptoms, soda for my digestion and skin ailments, arsenic for my arthritis, and steam for my sinuses. I think the soda pool is my favorite. I'm very bouyant in it and I can actually go to sleep while floating. It was not a good day for mudding, as the sun was out only a few minutes and it was quite chilly, so my skin tone will have to wait for another day.

On the way to Ojo we crossed the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge and bought some home made lollipops from an earth mother of 5 boys who really wanted us to buy $30 fairies. On the return, I took off cross country on a local road. When we got to the Rio Grande this time, it turned to single lane dirt steep grade switchbacks till we reached the river crossing. That is one deep gorge. I was really glad not to be driving the RV, as I have done one of those roads in it and it was not easy. Did I mention it was also raining and the road was muddy slippy? No guardrails. Quite the excitement.

The motorcycles are everywhere, even in the rain, all congregating in Red River for the annual Memorial Day Rally. One of their activities is to ride the Enchanted Circle over and over. Can't see their tattoo's with all the rain gear and leathers.

No comments: