Thursday, May 28, 2009

The weather turns

 
Posted by Picasa
Sunshine! Blue Skies! Wow! What a great day!

Today the church group went rafting, blessed with a beautiful day instead of the bitter cold rain. There's a God in heaven.

At the build, we had a wonderful day as well. I learned to stucco, with Tracy and Ray and I doing a patch job on the smooth coat of the house before color coating happens. Evan and Steve did an incredible job in the master bath, and Carl and Derek, Rick's lifelong buddy, put up the rest of the soffit on the porch. As of tonight, we are dried in! Tomorrow is a big day: must finish the beams!

After stucco, we had some product left and like other groups, we made a stepping stone from the leftovers. Do you like my mini airstream? It's the summer of love up here in Taos. Peace!

After we knocked off for the day, all three dogs reached a peaceful state of coexistence on the porch. I made an internet trip to the local library, where I was the only patron, and the library ladies were great company. We shared stories of Alaska trips and blogs and dogs. I'm excited that I have two more blog followers!

Tracy and Evan have a bocci ball set, and we played several rounds. Daisy and Max loved it. It was street bocci ball, so anything goes, including a dog catching your rolling ball or moving it. They had a blast. Carl and I were hopelessly behind and ready to cry uncle when Yvonne stopped by to see the progress on the house.

We had another successful potluck, with Steve's freshly caught trout the perfect appetizer. Just an hour from the stream to my mouth. After dinner there was a hot game of balderdash. The answers were incredibly inventive, but I won! Imagine that! It was 12:30 when we returned to the RV, stars everywhere and a sliver of a quarter moon sparkling. Tomorrow is going to be tough! Not enough shuteye!

No comments: