Saturday, May 21, 2011

Why I am behind on blogging

Pardon my absence

I have been writing a lot this spring, but not blogging.

I have ten pages of the great American novel written. Doesn’t sound like much, but the research into a family story of children kidnapped by Comanche Indians has had me busy reading every early Texas history book I can find.

Then, there’s a non-profit website I volunteered to write and coordinate. The test site was ready the day I left on this summer’s wandering, so I have been editing on the road. This cuts into my blogging time. But I am so excited. I want you to see the “before” site, so look here: http://themenscenter.org

Now, here’s the test site I am editing. http://mc.lynnbelldesign.com It’s not perfect yet, but I am so excited to get to contribute.

And, most importantly, I have had some personal growth experiences while working on the site. After interviewing nine people about their AA stories I have begun to realize that the alcoholics in my family did not choose to be the way they were. Forgiveness after all these years just might happen.

No comments: