Thursday, June 3, 2010

Does this count?

 

Since my days as a Scout and after reading Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods" I have fantasized hiking the Appalatian trail. Today, Amanda drove me to the trailhead and took my picture. So I ask you, does this count?

How quickly life moves on. Amanda, who first came into my scout troop in 6th grade, is now teaching 6th grade with four years seniority. She welcomed me into her lovely two story home, took me to the top of the highest mountain in Massachusets, then to dinner with her husband. All the while she was the gracious hostess. Daisy got bottled water, and in the morning we had free access to her shower, her refrigerator, anything we desired.

Here's to a mini reunion of troop 2010, Scouts everywhere, and hiking the Appalatian trail.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: