Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flower Power



Yukon Wildflowers

To visit the photo album with names of flowers, click on Yukon Wildflowers above.

I have been enjoying eternal spring this year, with wildflowers everywhere. I have tried to take some photos, and even when I use the little flower setting on my camera, I usually get a blur that I delete. Need to learn to use a plus grande aperture, non?

I don't want you to think there are no flowers, so today I made a list of what I saw from Carmacks to Haines Junction, so I found a website from a GOOD wildflower photographer for you to enjoy, above.

Here's my list of the day.

. Fireweed, a hot pink/magenta that is the first to come back after a fire; since we drove through the 1998 burn area, it was everywhere
. shasta daisies
. yarrow
. sage like flowers in purple and pink
. grasses, with pink feather tops and white feather tops
. dogwood
. red ground covers
. creamy yellow clover
. lupines, and boy are they magnificent
. wild roses, everywhere
. dandelions...they were yellow blankets on the way up, and now they are fields of puffballs
. forget me nots, the state flower
. a lavendar heathery looking flower on grey foilage
. Lots of what Lady Bird used to call those durn yellow flowers

Enjoy!

PS We had our first flat today, a nail, right after stopping at Mom's Bakery, where we bought two loaves of bread and soups. ( Mine was buffalo chili, and it was so good I ate all of it tonight. My tummy hurts.) We got the flat fixed in Whitehorse and were on our way in less than an hour. We were lucky that the nail went into one of the back tires, because we have four of those. We got to keep driving instead of fixing a flat in the rain. I like lucky!

No comments: