Monday, May 19, 2008

South Dakota

Posted by Picasa


We made our way from Valentine, leaving the Wacky West RV park with its put put golf next door to the Jewel II Movie theatre. We were gaining elevation and scenery as we wended north, and took a detour through the Badlands. My photos are definitely low quality on a bright hazy day at noon. But the park is spectacular, so I will post them anyway, and I intend to find a link to some good photos for your pleasure.

We joined our friends the Babbitts in Rapid City and have been enjoying their hospitality for two days. Somehow due to dinner time political discussions, the RV ended up with an Obama Sticker on the driver's window.

Daisy has lots to say about her visit there, so check her blog.

Today Steve took us to Hill City where we lunched at the Alpine Inn (highly recommended) and the Crazy Horse Monument. Steve is a fine arts professor and a photographer, so I have asked if I can link to his website. Enjoy!

No comments: