Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Searching for mountain climbing men in Talkeetna



Many of my single girlfriends have inquired about finding an Alaskan man. I thought Talkeetna would be the place to break away from the gray haired couple RV set and look for the natives for you guys.

In the spring, this town has thousands of mountain climbers in residence. They come from all over the world. About 1500 people attempt the climb up Denali, 10% women. Pretty good odds, huh?

The first thing you would notice about the men is their pickups. All of them are 4 x 4, and there are a minimum of 2 dogs in the truck, either in the back barking at you, or riding with their heads out the window. All those men in their pickups seem to be going somewhere fast. Too fast to pose for my pictures.

But as for the mountain climbers, I am sad to say it looks like they have all gone home till next year. So try this town in March, not June, and meanwhile, please enjoy the photo album I put together of the mountain men I did find. Follow the link to Teragram's photos....

No comments: