Friday, October 24, 2008

Love Italian Style

Ah Firenza! What a city! Lucky me, I got to spend a week here in the company of college roomies. Here you see us from the Piazza Michaelangelo, high above the city with a million dollar vista.


As twilight fell, I was thinking that Florence too is for lovers.

About a year ago, Ray proposed to Jennifer, my all grown up now girl scout, perhaps right on this spot, next to the collection of locks on the ironwork, left there by lovers to seal their vows.
Stateside, Ray had given Jennifer a cryptic to solve, and when she did, inside there was a key to a lock they had left in Florence while studying abroad a few years earlier. He brought her back to this spot to propose. Ah, so romantic. I am overwhelmed with the moment and the memory.

No comments: