Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Getting to know Teregram




This is Teregram. She's a 2007 Itasca Navion, and that's Daisy driving her.

Carl and I have put 13,000 miles on Teregram in the year since we bought her, but we have never strung together more than 16 days running. After our three experiments in velcro living, all two weeks or less, we are about to launch for four months from Texas to Alaska.

We both have our misgivings, since Teregram is only 23 feet long. Sometimes I have to step outside to change my mind. You can visualize us next time you see a UPS delivery truck. That's about the size of our home on wheels.

In the first year of ownership, we have committed most first timer errors. I will include some of my earlier RV journals for your amusement. Of one thing I am certain : we have not broken everything there is to break.

4 comments:

chrishea said...

Have a great, safe trip. The Hearnes will be following you online. Take lots of pictures.

duathlete said...

Thanks for including me! I'll be living vicariously through the three of you the next few months. Show us lots and lots of pics! That's a great pic on your Blog openning page.

Cousin Brian

Anonymous said...

I am excited that you are getting to visit Alaska but I am sad you will be missing the wedding. I will take tons of pictures if you promise to take tons! Take care and miss you!

Jennifer Darilek

PS- I will have to make you a fruit cake to go with my lovely snowman platter when you get back :) Thanks for the gift certificate!!! I will put it to good use!

Margaret said...

I am stopping at many truck stops for you!